Jaguar Land Rover is using OPTIS solutions integrated in CATIA V5, to improve the design and lighting of their car interiors, as well as the visbility and legibility of information on their dashboard instrumentation.
OPTIS solutions enable OEMS and suppliers around the world to answer questions like :
- How will my car interior look using this new dashboard material? How will it look if I change the color? How will it appear at various different times of day and in various different places around the world?
- I’m designing a convertible, I need to be sure that when the hood’s down, our customers can still see the controls...
- Will the driver be able to see the dashboard controls when the sun is shining directly on them from the side window? What would happen to the visibility if I altered the angle of the display, or changed its background material ? Is all the information on my new control panel legible; can I reduce the number of light guides but still maintain the legibility?
- How can I be sure that components from different suppliers will ‘look good’ when I integrate them in my car interior?
- I recently drove a car which had a really annoying reflection of the dashboard in the windscreen. It was so bad it was almost dangerous. I have to be sure our future car won’t have any, but how can I be certain before I produce the first physical prototype?
OPTIS rendering and visualisation solutions are unique in taking into account the optical properties of materials and surfaces, giving the customer the guarantee that their simulation results will be how the final product will really appear. They are also unique in taking into account human vision, and can even detect potential problem areas such as unwanted reflections, glare, areas of low visibility and stray light.
Note that OPTIS solutions, including the SPEOS for CATIA V5 product range which is available on the PLM MarketPlace, are used in various industries, including: aerospace, high-tech, automotive, CPG,...
The OPTIS Team